Sunday, August 5, 2012

Nails of the Week: Two Shades of Blue

I'm still trying to find the perfect shade of blue. I think I'm close with Sally Hansen's "Blue Me Away", but it was too bright for how I was feeling.

Some days you just don't want bright, you know?

I decided on two shades of blue.

Butter London: Big Smoke | Australis: Unnamed Colour
I already knew at least one of these colours wouldn't survive the week, but I didn't know about the other one. As usual, I applied two coats of each and I was pleased with how they turned out. I then applied my favourite top coat ever: Sally Hansen's "Double Duty".

After having a smudging problem with my Orly polishes after 10 (very long) minutes of drying time, I decided to torture myself for approximately 20 minutes of not doing anything. I don't like smudging, what can I say? I'm happy to report that afterward they were completely dry, and quite smudge-proof. I went to bed, cautiously optimistic.

And this is how they looked the next morning:

Fail.
Sigh. A chip already. Signs of wear on my ring fingernail. Who knew polish could "wear" during sleep? I must have been a busy girl! I wish I could remember what it was I'd done...

So much for the Australis colour pots. I'll probably continue to wear them and use them up but I won't repurchase them.

A day later, my pinkie polish (Butter London) peeled right off. One day of wear for Australis, two days for Butter London. No thumbs up from me, I'm afraid. Huge disappointment in Butter London as well. A $17AU nail polish should last me at least one week with no top coat... particularly since I own much cheaper polishes that do.

Or perhaps I might just need a different top coat.

Aggie x

1 comment:

  1. hey e! I have become slightly obsessed with butter LONDON and just picked up Big Smoke last week. I have the worst nails on the planet, but the bL Horsepower has seemed to work really well for me as a top & base coat. I finally took Yummy Mummy off yesterday after 3 whole days with NO chips! Woohoo! That never happens for me. Anyway...love me some blue polish!

    Lu

    ReplyDelete