Thursday, August 9, 2012

Nail of the Week: Calypso Gold


Face of Australia Barbados Collection

Calypso Gold (2 coats on the acrylic nail)
When I saw this at BigW (months ago), it was the only one on the shelf so I picked it up and literally carried it around the store for the length of time I was there, just trying to decide if I should buy it. I'm pretty sure the price was less than $5 but I didn't know whether or not I would like it. Just looking at the bottle I was sure it was going to be quite sheer, and I didn't want a sheer gold.

But, since it was less than $5 I decided to buy it. It took me months to get around to painting the acrylic nail and when I finally did, I was so happy to see it wasn't sheer at all!

It applies so beautifully and smoothly, and it looks fantastic.

2 coats w/Sally Hansen's "Double Duty" top coat
I've had this on for three days and it's only just started showing signs of wear on two nails though it does seem to "dent" very easily even when dry. I don't like that so much, but I do love the colour and I think the wearability is quite decent!

I have a couple of other colours from this collection, and now I'm excited to see how I go with them!

Aggie x

No comments:

Post a Comment