Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Gifts from around the World

Being part of the beauty community on YouTube ultimately means you make friends with likeminded women from around the globe. It is, without a doubt, one of the best things I've ever pushed myself to do.

And when you make friends in the beauty community - at least in my experience - you sometimes get the opportunity to receive gifts in the mail. (Sometimes you also get the opportunity to do a makeup swap too!)

Very recently I was fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of some beautiful gifts! From the beautiful Austrian twins Brigitte & Cornelia, I received some gorgeous Catrice & Alverde eyeshadows and blushes! Since I am obsessed with blush these days, this was just perfect. The twins have such amazing taste in makeup (both high-end and drugstore) and I feel very blessed that they would pick out such lovely products for me. At some point, I hope to send them something just as lovely.



The second box that arrived on my doorstep came from one of my subscribers - Lu, a self proclaimed nail polish whore. Of course, once I knew that, it was only fitting that I send her some beautiful Aussie polishes. Even though it wasn't necessary, in return she sent me a box of so many goodies, including brightly coloured hair ties for my little people and a lip balm! They loved it of course - my six year old wanted to eat it because it smells like Jolly Rancher Watermelon. SO GOOD.


The third box that arrived a few days later, came courtesy of another of my subscribers - Ute, from Germany and she wanted to send me something in return for the Australis Nudist Palette I sent her. Like Lu, Ute also sent some goodies for my little people: a pair of Hello Kitty hair clips, and assorted hair ties (6 took the HK clips, leaving the hair ties for 3) as well as two lego kits, both of which contained the same lego Princess doll so they were both very happy with those! (And so was I, how lucky that they both got the same toy! No fighting!) And I am absolutely in love with everything she sent me, too!


I am absolutely so blessed to be on the receiving end of such amazing gift boxes, and I know how fortunate and lucky I am that I have "met" so many wonderful ladies on YT - truly, if I had not kicked myself in the butt and forced myself to make my channel and put myself out there, I would never have met these ladies and I would never had made such fantastic friends. I am so thankful and so happy to be part of the YT beauty community, made all the better and richer for the friends I have made.

Thank you ladies, from the bottom of my heart!

Aggie x


PS: You can watch my YT video to get a better look at everything. Don't forget to subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment