Sunday, January 6, 2013

The One Where I Dye My Hair (again)

It's been three weeks since I posted my hair dye video featuring the Aldi brand hair dye: KUR. I used to love this brand of hair dye because it would last me easily five weeks before I had to re-dye it. Then it disappeared from the shelves for months. When it came back, I bought four boxes straight away because it was my favourite and I wasn't going to risk being without it again.

Except they changed it. What once lasted me five weeks, only lasted three. I was upset. Annoyed. Pissed off. Why change a good thing? Then I thought maybe I just got a bad batch, so I thought I'd document it and report back on how long it took before I had to dye it again.

Ho hum.

[ do you creme, take this solution... ]
Adding the colouring cream to the solution. Did I mention this stuff stinks? Well it does. But not too much. I also have the window open so I don't inadvertently gas myself to death.

[ shake it like a polaroid picture]
Shake it! Shake it good! Enough so that it turns the entire bottle bright orange. Don't worry, the resulting colour is not orange.

[ colour coded so you can see where you mess up ]
It's incredibly easy to spread over your hair. You can see where you've put it and where you've missed a spot. Or five.

[ clean up is a rite of passage ]
Then it's time to clean up all the extra spots you dyed when you really didn't need to. I like to think of this as making sure I get all those pesky greys - even the ones that are so darn sneaky you don't see them. You know the ones I'm talking about. You want to make sure you drown the crap out of them. Take no mercy. DROWN THEM!

[ patience is the best game ever ]
Then you have to wait thirty minutes for the colour to develop so you can wash it all out. This is the most boring part ever - unless you have a blog and can document it. But even then you will go over your allotted time and have to pause blogging to go shower.

[ i still see you, Mr Grey. ]
Not perfect coverage though I have to say,  I really like this colour a lot. I just wish it lasted longer than three weeks.

I only have one box left and after that, I'll need to look into other brands. I've already tried L'Oreal which I hated passionately and I've used Garnier which stayed in my hair for a good month before it started fading out.

So. Any suggestions on brands to try?

erica x

No comments:

Post a Comment