Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Surpise Gift

I got a surprise gift in the mail today. As soon as I saw it was from Germany, I was immediately excited because I knew it had come from my dear friend Ute (who is my Catrice dealer). I ripped it open while Four and Six stood eagerly by (they too have inherited a love for makeup and all things girly), I think half hoping that something would be in there for them as well!

But no, dear offspring, this time it's all for mama.

[ "mine mine mine down down down go go go!" daffy duck ]
I haven't shown you my P2 collection yet (it is coming, I promise) but it's another European brand and is very quickly rivalling Kiko as my favourite. It's tough but I might have to hold off claiming my favourite title until I can try some more of the brand, but I love it so far.

[ P2 "Plum Majesty" ]
She writes in her card, "this was supposed to go in your package but it was broken and I had it exchanged but not in time..." My goodness. I was scared when I first looked at this, I'm not even going to lie about it. It's purple after all and traditionally purple makes me look rather like a corpse.

But, I have to say, I quite like this colour. Like all my other P2 lippies, this glides on like a dream. There is no fragrance or taste and it isn't sticky or drying on the lips. In fact, like all my others, it's richly creamy and deliciously moisturising. Look out for this one in an upcoming face of the day.

[ P2 "Doris Day" Lip Cream ]
She writes in her note, "Doris Day screamed your name" and I heartily agree. I adore coral in any form: tinted balm, lip gloss, lip butter, lip stick, eyeshadow, blush... I'm sure if there was a coral mascara I would somehow find my way to getting that too. It's just a beautiful, bright, summery colour and I think it suits just about everyone. (Actually, I'd be hard pressed to find someone it doesn't look good on)

I am especially excited about this because I have the matching lip liner! And one of my all-time favourite lip combos is a liner and gloss. So I'm especially excited to put them together because I'm pretty sure it's going to look just fabulous.

P2 lip glosses are just divine and if you can get your hands on them, do it. You will absolutely not regret it. They're not sticky (I hate sticky gloss) in the least, and the colour is easily buildable. It can go from ultra sheer to semi-opaque in just a few layers. There is no fragrance and no taste to them either which gets a huge thumbs up from me.

What are your favourites from P2? I'm definitely going to be looking for more lip creams and lipsticks to add to my collection.

Thanks for hanging out with me today!

erica x

2 comments:

  1. yay for surprise gifts!!! :) those lippies look so good on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them so much! The lip cream is my favourite of course but the lipstick lasts FOREVER. Can't even believe it.

      Delete