Wednesday, June 5, 2013

#NOTD featuring O.P.I




The Company: O.P.I
The Nail Polish: Tiffany Case (Liquid Sand)

I received this beautiful polish from a very good friend of mine who had just returned from her two week trip to the USA & Canada and since she knows of my penchant for polish, and that I owned precisely zero OPI's, she so kindly picked up two for me. Both Liquid Sand.

I love this polish and I can see why OPI is a favourite brand of so many people. It's fabulous.

Tiffany Case applies thinly, with no streaks. It's an absolutely beautiful sky blue with tiny, shimmery silver particles that dazzle in direct sunlight. (I can only imagine what the gold would look like!) Once it dries, the finish feels like sandpaper, though not as sharp; perhaps well used sandpaper. It's not even a little bit unpleasant.

Top: Outside natural light | Bottom: Inside fluorescent light
Since this is my very first textured polish, I only put one coat on. (Truthfully, despite the fact that I use the foiling method to remove glitter, the very thought of more than one coat on my nails was a little scary) You can see it's slightly transparent in places.

I took these photos less than 24 hours after I applied this polish and you can already see some visible signs of wear (though I don't know if two coats would delay that). Since this polish isn't really designed for a top coat, I can't say I'm terribly disappointed, especially for someone like me who is quite hard on her nails on a daily basis. Just in the last 24 hours, I've washed hair twice, dyed hair once, washed dishes numerous times and done a batch of laundry.

Overall I am not disappointed. Given the chance I would happily buy some more of these, though of course not at Australia's ridiculously over inflated prices. $20/bottle? Hahaha no.

Base Coat: None
Top Coat: OPI "Tiffany Case"

Are you following me on Instagram? Top right for link!

No comments:

Post a Comment