Sunday, April 21, 2013

Trashed! Mascara Empties


1. Rimmel Scandaleyes Volume Flash (black)
When I first started using this I really enjoyed it. I didn't really notice a whole lot of volume however. I would not repurchase this; the barrel on the wand is far too large for me to use comfortably. I didn't find the consistency too wet or too dry, it was fairly nondescript actually.

2. Starlet Lash Extend
This is an el cheapo from Coles that was an emergency-buy and I wasn't expecting a whole lot for less than five dollars. In short, it wasn't spectacular but it wasn't the absolute worst mascara I've ever used. The biggest downside for me was the consistency, it's far too wet for me. I would literally need to wait between 3 and 5 minutes for it to dry before I could do anything else, and forget about adding another coat! What I did like about this mascara though, was how beautifully it separated my lashes and gave them a good amount of length. If it was a much drier mascara, I would gladly repurchase it.

3. Essence Multi Action (non waterproof)
I love this mascara; it's in my Top Five. I love everything about it - it lengthens, it volumizes, it separates my lashes. During the last few months of its life I used it solely for my bottom lashes because it was drying out and wasn't doing such amazing things for my top lashes. I will definitely repurchase this one.

4. Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions
This is my most favourite mascara ever, so it only stands to reason it would get discontinued. Sigh. At this point, I don't really know what drugstore mascara I will replace it with. I have a few more in my stash to go through, perhaps I will get lucky and find one in there. Meantime, if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment