Monday, April 1, 2013

#NOTD featuring Butter London & Revlon


I was inspired to do this combination because of the amount of drool I've lost since finding out about Femme Fatale Cosmetics which is an Aussie indie cosmetics & nail polish company... and good LORD will you go and take a look at those nail polishes?

Heavens to Betsy.

Yes you can believe I'll have some of those soon. But today is not about Femme Fatale. Today is about Butter London & Revlon.

I'm not normally a fan of Butter London - in fact, I don't care for the brand at all - but this is one colour that I actually do like. And I like it even more because it stays on my nails for longer than 24 hours without showing signs of wear.

Chimney Sweep is a beautiful gun metal grey and is probably my all-time favourite grey. It (unfortunately) has a narrow brush so if I'm not careful, it swerves all over my nail and sometimes ends up looking wonky and imperfect. (see picture above, first two fingers) I dislike that. But that's my own doing, not the polish, so no points deducted for user error.

This is one of four Butter London polishes I own, and is the only one that does not chip or wear within 24 hours regardless of base or top coat used. Since I've been spending obscene amounts of time at a certain indie cosmetic website, I decided to grab one of my glitters to use as a top coat. And I didn't want to just have an accent nail.

Enter, Revlon "Slipper". It's a Christmas polish, clear with red and silver glitter. It's the closest thing I have to a chunky glitter (I know how sad and depressing that is) but I was really pleased with the outcome. And I've gotten quite a few compliments on it! Evidently it's not a colour combination most people use.

Now I think I might do some online shopping. At a certain indie cosmetics company. Excuse me.

Base: Sally Hansen Double Duty
Top: Butter London "Chimney Sweep"
Glitter: Revlon "Slipper"

Are you following me on Instagram yet? Top right for link!

No comments:

Post a Comment