Sunday, April 14, 2013

#NOTD featuring Australis


Australis Milky Way

First let me say I love Australis polish, so much so that I have bought and shipped various colours to my friends worldwide. And it just so happened I was in Priceline today, looking for some polish for a friend when I saw this particular bottle.

Since it reminded me so much of the speckled polishes that are all the rage right now, I had to grab the last bottle on the shelf. I could hardly wait to get it home and on my nails!

Application is streaky but it dries to a flawless finish. The polish is quite transparent though thick and if you're not careful, the glitter pieces slide right off your nail and back onto the brush. You almost have to "lay" the colour on your nail (placing the brush against your nail and pressing lightly, rather than a typical brush motion) to get the glitter pieces to stay on.

This is two coats on the nail, and it dried relatively quickly. For only having applied it a few hours ago, it's held up well under dish washing and shampooing/conditioning; so far no signs of wear and no chipping. But, that's completely typical of Australis nail polish - it's just that good.

What I don't particularly like is the consistency of it. It's too gluggy/globby for my personal taste however that would not deter me from buying anymore should they release any new colours. I also do not like the milky white base the glitter is suspended in but again, that is just my personal taste. I would prefer a stark base - in this case, flat white - that would allow the glitter to stand out against it. But then, I really am an in-your-face-glitter girl.

I think if you prefer the subtle glitters with not much sparkle or pizazz then you would really enjoy this one. For me (by itself) it's a miss unfortunately, though I will try layering it over some other pastel colours (or black) to see what can be done with it. If that fails, I'll just add more glitter. You can't go wrong with more glitter.

Base: Natural nail
Top: Australis "Milky Way"

Are you following me on Instagram yet? Top right for link!

* edit: Wearing for 2 days and it's starting to show some wear along the tips and sides. May have better longevity with a top coat. *

No comments:

Post a Comment