Thursday, October 31, 2013

Favourites | October 2013


Generally I don't have monthly favourites because I'm not brand loyal and tend to try new things all the time. I'm also incredibly hard on the products I try and if I don't absolutely love it, I'll never talk about it; I have to reach for the product(s) at least every other day to feel like it has even a chance at becoming a favourite.

This month, I feel like I've hit the jackpot. With the exception of two products, I've used everything here every single day. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.

[ L-R: Rosken High Potency Vitamin E Cream, Body Crystal Deodorant, Dirty Works Body Scrub, Rosken Dry Skin Cream ]
I actually came across the Rosken Vitamin E cream while watching Aussie Beauty YouTuber Ruby Golani and she went on to explain it had been the best thing for her skin. In that moment, I decided I'd give it a go as well and I've not looked back. My skin is combination and this doesn't break me out or cause any irritation whatsoever. It plumps up the fine lines I have around my eyes, and I swear I look a couple of years younger. Hey, I'll take it. I am pushing 40, after all. I use this twice daily.

The Body Crystal I picked up at Coles one weekend while I was out shopping and I didn't want to get yet another aluminium based deodorant. I've not had good experience with body crystals, and for years I was convinced they were just a hippie gimmick but for some reason on that shopping day, I saw this and decided to give it a go. I use it daily. Review coming soon.

Dirty Works "Glow Girl" Buttery Salt Scrub has been my best friend this entire month. I'm almost out of it now and I will be repurchasing it because it's just that good. And you know what? If I can avoid dropping $30+ at The Body Shop, then you can bet your sweet bippy I will. Review here.

Rosken Dry Skin Cream came to the rescue of my ultra parched hands, nails and elbows one day when I was out shopping and had used up all the EOS hand lotion I had in the car. I don't know about you, but I cannot stand the feeling of dry hands and arms! I spotted this in Coles, it was on sale for all of $6 so I snatched it up. I haven't looked back. It's been the best damn hand cream I've ever used and use it daily.

[ L-R: Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream, Designer Brands Nail Polish Remover, Designer Brands Chubby Lipstick ]
I've featured the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream in a FoTD once or twice, and for good reason. Even though I don't have oily skin, I do get a little shiny through my T-zone so this works very well against that. It doesn't eliminate it 100% of course but my face doesn't look like an oil slick by midday and that's what counts for me. I often use this BB Cream on its own with a setting powder over the top and it gets me through the day, but I will sometimes use it sheer as a primer when I need a little bit extra coverage.

I stumbled on this Twist'n Go nail polish remover from Designer Brands quite by accident one day, and since it was only $6, I snatched it up without a second thought. Like the image suggests, you stick your fingernail into the container, and watch it get swallowed up by some black sponge-like material (it's a little rougher and harsher than actual sponge). Then you twist your finger into it, and all the nail polish comes right off. It's like magic!! I love this stuff. I have yet to try it on glitter polish however, but a review is in the works so stay tuned for that.

I don't typically like lip crayons too much (I'm really more of a lipstick girl) but after swatching this one, I knew I had to buy it. They retail for around the $9 mark and are totally worth every cent. They have beautiful payoff, and are fabulously creamy and soft on your lips. This particular colour that I bought is #411 "Enchanted Rose" and is a gorgeous warm pink with brown undertones. There were two other colours in the stand with this one, however neither of them suited me. I hope DB makes more of these; they are wonderful.

If you've tried any of these products, or if you happen to try them in the future, I'd love to know your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like lots of good goodies!!!! I like to learn peoples favorites. We all try a lot and its nice to see what works!(The polished butterfly)

    ReplyDelete